Part of Austin Habitat for Humanity’s promise is to ensure long-term housing solutions for each family we serve. This includes helping ALL Austin families, not just Habitat families, stay out of debt and protect their assets and their home.
A solid educational foundation can help families repair credit, climb out of debt and achieve or preserve their dream of homeownership.
Austin Habitat for Humanity is approved by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to provide counseling, education and advice in housing issues to new and existing homeowners. We provide these services to both our Habitat families and the general public free of charge.
How it works…
Our Housing Counseling Manager meets one-on-one with families to assess their financial situations, discuss options and develop plans designed to fit their unique needs. With this plan, families get out of debt and stay out of debt and stay in their homes!
For those families, struggling with their mortgage payments, please download the intake application for a one-on-one foreclosure intervention counseling session.
As a HUD Counseling Agency, we help families:
- Learn about the home purchasing process and how to avoid predatory lending practices.
- Learn how to execute a proper budget so they can save for the home of their dreams.
- Learn to improve their credit and better prepare their finances for a mortgage.
- Learn tips to maintain the upkeep of their home and improve equity.
- Develop plans for those in danger of foreclosure.
For more information, call Oscar Saenz at 512-472-8788 x 150 or
We’re here to help you and we’re looking forward to working with you!
Click here for a spanish version of the flyer below. (Haga clic aquí para ver la versión española del folleto de abajo)